Reordering St Luke's, Tutshill
In 2008 the Bishop of Gloucester published a document ‘Building the Future’ in which he called the churches of the Diocese to consider how best to use and develop their buildings.
Initial consultation on the use of our church buildings
In March 2008, there was a consultation with the congregations and community on the use of the church buildings in our parish. The PCC set up a working party to consider and prioritise the ideas about St Luke’s Church and to produce a specification. Their remit was to consider how to ‘create a flexible space which can be adapted to meet the day to day needs of our contemporary church and community, whilst at the same time remaining a dignified place of worship sympathetic to its heritage and architecture.’
Preliminary ideas for St Luke's
The group reported back to the PCC as far back as 2010 and put forward an outline proposal incorporating:
- necessary repair of the floor of the nave
- installation of underfloor heating
- rewiring and new lighting system
- removal of the pews in the nave, replacing with chairs
- fixed screen, projector and improved audio system
- library shelving and display area in the NW corner
- new heating & improved storage in St Luke’s Room.
Many discussions and certain modifications of the initial plans have taken place since 2010, however the original vision and rationale for the Project has remained to create a sympathetic flexible space for church and community to use in this day and age.
Since 2016 due process has been followed with the Diocese to obtain the necessary Faculty permissions, and much fundraising has been undertaken. After many many years of planning and talking it is hoped that work will finally commence in late 2018/early 2019.
- : Holy Communion - Tidenham
- : Word, Prayer & Praise - Tutshill
- : Compline - Tidenham Chase
- : Holy Communion (BCP) - Tidenham Chase