Parish Coronavirus update
We have increased our online presence particularly encouraging our members to subscribe to our Youtube channel where we are posting Sunday services.
We also have a Facebook group called Tidenham Parish Church by which you can keep up to date with other news, comments and suggested activities. Click here to ask to join the group.
We will continue to do all we can to ensure our gatherings for worship are safe and in accordance with Government and Church of England guidelines:
- We encourage hand sanitising, when entering a church building; it's always available in the porch
- Whilst face coverings are no longer mandatory, please respect those who wish to continue wearing masks and please wear them if it makes you more comfortable during services
- If you feel unwell, please do not attend services, and, if in doubt, please do not take the chalice
The CofE website has amended its guidance on Communion in both kinds COVID 19 Guidance v3.1_0.pdf (churchofengland.org). It now states that, while many churches are resuming giving the chalice, the final decision to do so does rest with the vicar of each parish.
Revd David and Tidenham PCC have decided that with the significant reduction in Covid cases locally, it is now safe to resume the use of the chalice at communion. Holy Communion will be made available in both kinds to our three congregations. The use of the Common Cup will be resumed, that is to say, Communicants will be offered the chalice from which to take a sip of consecrated wine.
Three things to note:
1. No one is required to receive the cup. After many months of restrictions, not everyone will feel comfortable or safe doing so.
2. Communicants should NOT dip their wafer into the wine (intinction), which can then lead to fingers going in the wine as well.
3. If anyone feels unwell and has symptoms of a virus/bug, please think of others and do not partake of the wine.
UK Government Advice and Guidance (gov.uk/coronavirus)
Welsh Government Advice and Guidance (gov.wales/coronavirus)
Posted on the 25th August 2021 at 12:06pm.